No time to hit the beach before the holidays? Here’s how to apply self-tan perfectly.
1. If you’re a waxer, don’t wane, make sure you wax two days before you apply your self tan.
2. Then, the day before, you make sure you exfoliate both your body and your face. This will ensure a smooth application of product.
3. Myth busted: lemon juice does not removed self-tan glitches. The most effective remover would be to intensively exfoliate the area.
4. Do a patch test the night before to make sure you don’t break out in a rash and to check if you like the way the colour develops.
5. Because dry areas are much more absorbent, use a light lotion sparingly on the thick skin around the elbows and knees. After applying your self tan, remove any excess by swabbing lightly around these areas with a damp tissue.
6. Wash your hands immediately afterwards to avoid bronzed palms!
7. Allow at least four hours for the colour to develop before you think to apply more for a deeper tan.
8. It’s a good idea to apply before bed and – most importantly – make sure you wear old PJ’s and only put them on about an 11/2 hours after you’ve applied product – this way, you’ll avoid the orange-sheet-syndrome.
9. NB: Self tan offers no protection from the sun so always apply a sunscreen before going out into the sun.
10. There have been many advances in self tan formulations, most importantly, the scents have improved. But remember, those designed for the face can also be used on the body, but not always the other way around.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Scam Warning: Don't purchase any weight-loss products online that say they are endorsed by Women's Health! Click here for more info.