You’ve got the season’s hottest wedges, but are your toes ready to rock them? Here’s everything you need to know to put your best foot forward from our beauty editor, Helen Clemson…
1. Yellow gives a sunny burst to pale skin. Try Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow (available at Clicks).
2. If you feel prettiest in pink, choose a strong shade like Yardley Quick dry in tropical Pink for a modern twist.
3. Darker green, such as OPi Nail Polish in Greenwich Village, looks dramatic on darker skin tones.
4. Tomato is the freshest colour to pick if you want to boost your tan. Try essie Nail colour in red Nouveau.
5. Sky blue is our dreamy summer hue. We love tip top Nail chic in Beach Babe.
1. Tweezerman Barrel Spring toenail clipper: ideal for cutting hard nails without risking a split.
2. Elegant Touch Cover Up: this base coat for problem nails will smooth out bumpy surfaces and cover any imperfections.
3. Charlotte Rhys Spa Rituals Foot Soak: to cleanse and deodorise, let your feet languish in this mix of sea salt and peppermint oil.
For an at-home treatment, Charlie Corkill, nail expert and owner of Urban Apothecary, recommends a coarse scrub rubbed into your feet before your bath or shower. “Place the scrub into the palm of your cupped hand and circulate the product around the heel,” she says.
Her best DIY heel treatment? Mix brown sugar with a few drops of olive oil and, after using this as a scrub, smooth on a treatment product such as Charlotte Rhys cracked Heel repair cream, which blends aloe ferox, shea butter and tea tree oil to heal, nourish and soften dry, cracked skin.
Powered by Facebook Comments