By The Editors of Women’s Health, photography by Pixabay
Stuck in a snack rut? Look no further.
You know that feeling: It’s 3 p.m., your energy is slumping, and despite that hearty salad you ate at lunch, you’re starving. But while it’s tempting to load up on starchy, carby treats (hello, vending-machine pretzels) for a quick fix, they’re not super filling—leaving you at risk for some serious hanger later on in the day.
That’s why we decided to share three delicious, protein-filled healthy snacks that will keep you full until dinner. And because they’re served on a stick, they can double as fun appetizers at your next party, or make a cute addition to your kid’s lunch box. Besides: Everything tastes better on a stick, right?
Deli Turkey Kabobs
4 slices whole-grain bread
1/4 head lettuce
10 grape tomatoes
2 slices cheese
8 slices Oven Roasted Deli Turkey
1. Cut bread into four squares.
2. Cut slices of cheese into quarters.
3. Cut lettuce into bite-size pieces.
4. Arrange tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, bread, and turkey onto skewers—and distribute ingredients evenly. Enjoy!
READ MORE: 5 Low-Fat Snacks Under 240kJ!
Banana Bacon Bites
1/4 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Natural Peanut Butter Spread
1 strip of bacon
1. Cook bacon on a stovetop or bake in the oven until bacon is fully cooked and crispy.
2. Chop bacon into small pieces and slice banana.
3. Spread peanut butter on banana slices and sprinkle with bacon bits
4. Arrange bananas onto skewers. Option: Add strawberries for color and fun!
READ MORE: 5 Snacks To Beat Back-To-Work Lethargy
Ham And Melon Skewers
220grams deli ham
2 cups cubed melon (honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)
1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves
1. Thread ham and melon onto six 6-inch skewers.
2. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with basil leaves.
This article was originally featured on www.womenshealthmag.com