These are a healthier alternative for the long weekend!
We love the chocolate eggs and pastries that are on every supermarket shelf this time of year… but the one thing we don’t like is the havoc they can wreck on our waistlines. Must. Resist. Temptation.
But when resistance does crumble, we’d rather reach for a treat that doesn’t completely sabotage a healthy eating plan. That’s why we’re LOVING this healthy gluten-free alternative to Hot Cross buns from Fresh Earth!
Gluten-Free Hot Cross Buns
Makes 12 buns
— 440g gluten-free bread mix (Available at Fresh Earth or Woolworths)
— 460ml Water
— 85g Coconut Oil
— 35g Instant yeast
— 20g Molasses
— 15g Cinnamon
— 10g Mixed spice
— 180g Soaked raisins
1. Add water into the bowl and add the yeast through the water.
2. Add pre-mix and the rest of the dry ingredients mix on a low speed for two minutes.
3. Scrape down the bowl and add oil.
4. Add the raising ingredients and mix on low for another two minutes.
5. Scale the dough into 90g pieces and roll into bun shapes.
6. Add the shaped dough to a baking dish.
7. Prove at 34 degrees Celsius for 5-10 minutes.
8. Once proved add the white cross (Fresh Earth pre-mix and water mixed together to form a dough).
9. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 30 minutes or until done.
10. After it is baked, brush the hot cross bun while it is still hot with honey or golden syrup for that sticky glaze.