This Environmentally Friendly Sunscreen Has You Covered For Summer (And More)!
As the summer preps to set the mood for the ultimate beach parties, protecting your skin from sunburn and UV damage should be a hot priority. Because sunburn, dark spots, premature ageing and an increased risk for skin cancer — is not so hot! So slap on the nearest SPF and go get sun-kissed, right? Well, not so fast. Because many sunscreens are loaded with some seriously questionable ingredients that could be harmful to you, and the environment.
Ditch the harmful substances
In addition to using ingredients that can lead to adverse skin reactions, many ingredients found in sunscreens and certain sun filters are not biodegradable and can be assimilated by corals and other marine organisms. This can have a very harmful impact on marine ecosystems. So we’ve done some research and found Eau Thermale Avène Sun Care to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays, without harming the environment. Yes, you can exhale with relief! The brand is always working to improve their formulas and packaging to live up to their ‘Skin Protect, Ocean Respect‘ promise.
Protecting your skin
Eau Thermale Avène’s range of sun care products offers UV protection through their exclusive sunsitive formula, which offers broad-spectrum UVA-UVB protection using the following:
- A powerful combination of four sun filters known for their protective ability, skin tolerance and minimal environmental impact.
- An antioxidant complex, Pre-tocopheryl and Thialidine, for complete cell protection against free radical damage.
- Avène Thermal Spring Water, a signature soothing ingredient that helps limit skin irritation.
Protecting the ocean
In addition to its skin-loving benefits, the ingredients in their sun care range are rigorously selected to reduce environmental impact in the following ways:
- Eau Thermale Avène uses a minimal number of sun filters. Eau Thermale Avène’s filter system does not contain any water-soluble filters, so that they aren’t assimilated by marine organisms. It is also free from controversial filters like oxybenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene and homosalate.
- Their sunscreens make use of silicone-free formulas for optimal biodegradability.
Now you can enjoy the sunny season with peace of mind, knowing your skin and the environment is protected.
Eau Thermale Avène’s Sun Care range
Stock up and do good!
As if you need another reason to stock up on the good stuff! During the months of November and December 2019, R10 of every Eau Thermale Avène Sun Care product you buy will be donated towards turtle conservation initiatives along the Southern African coast.