Here’s How Your Discovery Vitality Points Are Going To Be Adjusted During Lockdown
We are living in extraordinary times and a lot of things have had to be readjusted to adapt to our new and temporary world — the Discovery Vitality programme is just one of those things.
If you’re a Discovery Vitality member, then chances are you’ve been wondering how the programme is going to be modified to make sense for citizens currently on lockdown. Fortunately, this hasn’t been overlooked and the company recently announced a couple of changes… good changes.
“Vitality is a dynamic behaviour change programme aimed at encouraging people to improve their health. We’ve therefore redesigned our offering to create Vitality at home to ensure we can help members stay healthy and get rewarded in a manner that is relevant in this difficult period,” Dinesh Govender, CEO of Vitality, said in a statement.
The redesigned offering will give consumers double cash back rewards on healthy food spend, discounted Vitality Active Rewards vouchers, learning support for children, free specialised fitness training sessions and an opportunity to donate towards COVID-19 curbing efforts.
Let’s take a more specific look at what some of these adjustments are:
- Vitality Active Rewards maximum weekly goal has been dropped from 900 to 300 Vitality points.
- Members will get double HealthFood cashback at Woolworths and Pick n Pay, and one free online delivery.
- Members will get double HealthyCare cash back at Clicks and Dis-Chem.
- Members will get discounted Vitality Rewards vouchers for Netflix, BoxOffice, as well as gaming vouchers.
- Members will get free access to customised learning support for grade 4 to 12.
- Members with Vitality Active Rewards can donate their Discovery Miles towards curbing the spread of COVID-19.
- Everyone will get four free specialised fitness training sessions to be shared daily.
“Vitality is introducing an online fitness programme with a daily schedule of high-intensity workouts, yoga, surprise fitness challenges and more,” Discovery said in a statement.
“[These will also include] tutorials from Vitality ambassadors Caster Semenya, Wayde van Niekerk, Chad le Clos and Lucas Radebe for #Fitspiration, along with Virgin Active’s top instructors. These will be free to all South Africans through the Vitality section on Discovery’s website.”
For everyone who thought Shucks, there go my Vitality points! as soon as the lockdown was announced, now’s the time to let out your sigh of relief!