The Most Decadent Chocolate Cookies You Can Make — And They’re Sugar-Free
Vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free! These chewy (almost brownie-like) dark chocolate cookies will actually boost your energy without that post sugar-high crash.
They’re really easy to make and can be made with pantry ingredients only! So no worries about fresh eggs, butter or milk. The perfect thing to whip up at a moments notice…
1 cup gluten-free flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
1/4 tsp vanilla seeds or 1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup almond milk (or rice milk)
1 tsp lemon juice (or a pinch of cream of tartar)
1 cup coconut sugar
50g good-quality vegan dark chocolate, chopped
1. Set the oven to 180˚C. Sift together all of the dry ingredients.
2. Pour the oil and the milk alternative into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Mix in the sugar.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate bits. The mixture will be quite sticky.
5. Wet your hands and roll tablespoon size portions of mixture into balls. Place on a baking parchment-lined baking tray. Press each cookie down with a fork.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before eating.