Healthy Protein Packed Energy Bites With Dark Chocolate
Need a healthy, high-protein snack to get you through the week? Skip the shop-bought bars and make these instead.
- 1 cup mixed nuts (such as pecans, walnuts, cashews, almonds, etc.)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp Robertsons Pure Moringa Powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (OR dried cranberries)
- Pinch of Robertsons ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (OR alternative nut butter)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup dark baking chocolate
- In the bowl of a large food processor, pulse the nuts until finely ground (but stop before they start turning to nut butter).
- Add the rolled oats, Robertsons Pure Moringa Powder, raisins, ground nutmeg and chia seeds to the nuts; pulse five (1-second) pulses to combine.
- Add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla to the mixture; pulse until all of the ingredients are well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Melt the dark baking chocolate and drizzle into the ice cube tray, swirling to ensure the sides of each hole are well coated with chocolate. (Baking Chocolate will make the bites easier to unmould)
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Fill each hole with the oat mixture and press down to remove any air bubbles.
- Top with a little extra dark baking chocolate and freeze for 1 hour.
- Pop the bites out of the ice cube tray.
Store the left over bites in a re-sealable bag in the fridge. ENJOY!