This Is The Ultimate Falafel Burger And You Need To Make It ASAP
Who said those week-night dinners need to be boring? This burger recipe is DELICIOUS and it’s vegan!
For the falafels:
— 1 can of Chickpeas, drained
— 1 clove of garlic, chopped
— 1 handful fresh coriander,
— 1 tsp ground cumin
— 1 tsp ground coriander
— 1⁄4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
— 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa (or cooked lentils)
— 2 tbsp flour of choice
— Juice and zest from 1 lemon
— Sunflower oil for frying
Purple cabbage slaw:
— 1⁄4 purple cabbage sliced thinly into strips
— 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
— 1⁄4 cup water
— 1 tsp brown sugar
— Salt & pepper
To serve (all optional):
— 4 Burger Buns (or rolls of choice)
— Fresh rocket (dressed with olive oil)
— Fresh slices of tomato
— Smashed Avo
— Sriracha sauce
— Prepared cabbage slaw
— Sweet potato fries and crispy battered onion rings
Yield: 4 burgers
READ MORE: Is Falafel Healthy Or Am I Kidding Myself?
For the falafels:
1. Add all the ingredients (except the oil) to a food processor Pulse the mixture just until the ingredients are minced but not pureed, scraping down the sides as needed. You want the mixture to be rough not smooth and pasty.
2. Using your hands form the falafel mixture into burgers
3. Fry in a little oil in a hot pan until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
For the cabbage relish:
1. Slice the cabbage into thin strips and place into a large bowl.
2. Bring the red wine vinegar, water, brown sugar and seasoning to the boil in a small pot over a medium heat.
3. Remove from the heat and pour over the sliced cabbage.
4. Leave to pickle for 5 – 10 minutes.
1. Lightly toast the buns on a pan then add a generous dollop of smashed avo
2. Top with the falafel burger, more mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, fresh tomato, cabbage slaw and fresh rocket.
3. Lean your top bun against the side and serve with crispy sweet potato fries and onion rings and dipping sauces of your choice.